As the only Microsoft Gold Partner on the Data Platform in Western Canada, we have helped many clients outsource report development.
Since companies use multiple systems for different business functions and each of these systems have a database, data needs to be gathered, combined, and compared. This provides an opportunity to gain valuable insights into the market, the customers, and the core business.
Here are five case studies describing the outsourced report development services we’ve provided in the last few months:
- See how we developed reports for Microsoft Dynamics AX using Microsoft’s SSRS (Case Study).
- See how we helped a client migrate reports from Crystal Reports to SSRS (Case Study).
- See how we used SharePoint, PerformancePoint, and SSRS to create a web-based reporting portal (Case Study).
- See how we helped a client extract more data from their system by building an external reporting solution (Case Study).
- See how we partnered with a software development company to enhance their reporting offering (Case Study).
How Does Outsourced Report Development Work?
Report development as a managed service means our clients have on-demand access to a diverse reporting team. Although we are a MS partner, we have extensive expertise on other proprietary and open source platforms.
As explained in my previous blog on “Benefits of Report Development as a Managed Service” our clients receive the following benefits:
- Overhead cost control
- Agile report development process
- Access to experts on multiple platforms
- No risk of losing skills from staff turnover
- Continuous availability and on demand bandwidth
- Industry standard IT governance
Due to the advancement in technologies these reports, dashboards, and scorecards can be:
- Published to smart phones and tablets
- Published to emails as attachments
- Published to a web portal
- Published within a third party application
- Scheduled to run automatically
- Run on-demand
These days IT department in big organizations are seen as service centres. Whether they provide services in house or outsource to a vendor, IT departments charge back the expense to the divisions or departments for which the services are performed.
Business Intelligence vendors like Optimus provide managed services to provide benefits to these organizations. If you would like to learn more about our report development process and experience, please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to sit down and discuss your needs.