Point of sale applications need to handle a wide variety of transactions like cash, debit cards, credit cards, gift cards and loyalty cards. Credit cards play an important role in payment for anything purchased. Below are some of the most important scenarios which should be tested with any credit card payment solution when integrated with a POS application.
Credit Card Configuration: Includes configuration of card length, card range and card type (VISA, AMEX, MASTER etc)
Merchant Configuration: A merchant needs to be configured who is authorized to accept card type payments
Credit Card Processor Configuration: Credit card processor needs to be configured to process credit card payment (e.g. Mercury Payment System or Lynk, etc.)
Capturing Card Details: Following areas should be tested while capturing card details.
- Credit card number : Test card numbers using the correct length and range and card numbers that are outside the correct length and range.
- Expiry date: Test valid expiry dates, invalid expiry dates and invalid date formats.
- CVV number: Test valid CVV numbers , mismatched CVV numbers and blank CVV numbers.
- AVS code: Entering AVS details for configured numeric or alphanumeric formats.
- Card reader to capture card details: Test swiping of cards from both sides and chips.
- Encryption: Verify that captured card numbers are properly encrypted and decrypted.
Authorization: Once card details are captured, they are sent to processor to be authorized. Following areas need to be tested during authorization.
- Authorized amount: Test that the correct amount is being authorized.
- Receipt printing: Test that merchant and customer copies of the receipts and any vouchers print properly.
- Receipt details: Check that the receipts are printing the proper date, time, card details, authorized amount etc…
- Response code: Test that the correct response codes are being returned for approved, declined, on hold and all other transactions.
Settlement: Once the payment is done following things should be tested:
- Reprinting receipt: Test that you can reprint the receipt for a closed transaction.
- Void credit card’s payment: Check that you can void a payment before posting it and that after posting a payment voiding is not allowed.
- Verifying report: All information regarding each credit card transaction should be reflected in reports. Any adjustments made in closed checks should be reflected in the report.
The post Test Scenarios for Credit Card Payment Through a POS Application appeared first on OptimusQA.