GUI and Localization Testing of Payment Gateway Application Case Study
The client runs a SaaS monetization and user acquisition platform for the online gaming industry.
Their product helps gaming companies monetize current players and attract new players.
The client needed to test the GUI of their payment gateway application for buying tokens and coins in online gaming applications. Testing was to be carried out on different OS/browser combinations across various platforms on multiple localized languages.
They were looking for a partner that could quickly ramp up on their product and start reporting the UI defects in the application.
The UI gloss and finish were very important for the application. Our team had to ensure that the application’s GUI had minimal issues. The challenge was to discover all the GUI and conversion related bugs in localized languages quickly.
- Understanding requirements and defining scope.
- Setting up environment for different OS/browser combinations.
- Executing tests in multiple languages.
- Logging defects and sharing test results.
How Optimus Helped
In order to help our client meet their testing needs, Optimus Information’s team followed these steps:
- Our team created a high level checklist to ensure the GUI verification coverage is met during the test execution.
- We quickly assembled a team of test engineers that would work extended hours and weekends to meet the client’s tight deadlines.
- We carried out testing on multiple browsers and resolutions, including multiple languages, identify and address every minor GUI issue.
- Our team interacted with the client’s outsourced development partner to coordinate testing activities and clarify queries from the development team.
- The project team created a customized tracking mechanism to provide the client with daily updates and project status.
In the end, Optimus team was able to uncover more than 45 defects in one week which helped the client to deploy the software to their clients with confidence.