GUI Compatibility Testing Case Study
The client is a leading provider of photography, content management and licensing services to the global hospitality and travel industries.
The client provides services including architectural, destination, food and beverage, and lifestyle photography and content management, distribution and licensing to over 10,000 hotels, cruise ships and tourism bureaus around the world.
Our client needed a high-quality delivery of their web-based product, which had to be tested on multiple platforms and browsers in a short period of time.
They were looking for a partner that could quickly ramp up on their product using support documents with just a short demonstration of the application. They needed us to provide testing resources at scale and on short notice.
The UI gloss and finish were very important for the application. Our team had to ensure that the application’s GUI had minimal issues.
- Requirement analysis using the architecture and high-level test scenarios.
- Created detailed functional and GUI test cases from high-level scenarios and mockups.
- Executed test cases on several environments and resolutions.
- Logged defects and provided daily reports.
How Optimus Helped
In order to help our client meet their testing needs, OptimusQA’s team followed these steps:
- Our team simulated high level end-user requirements and then converted them into detailed end-to-end functional test cases.
- We carried out testing on multiple browsers and resolutions, including high resolution monitors, identify and address every minor GUI issue.
- We quickly assembled a team of test engineers that would work extended hours and weekends to meet the client’s tight deadlines.
- Our team interacted with the client’s outsourced development partner to coordinate testing activities and clarify queries from the development team.
- The project team created a customized tracking mechanism to provide the client with daily updates and project status.