Migrating Desktop Application to Web and Mobile Case Study
Our client is a national association that supports thousands of field workers.
Our client had a series of Java applications that they wanted to migrate to the web for both desktop and mobile devices. The goal of this project was to enable users to enter and view their data while in the field directly from their tablets, smart phones, or laptops with or without internet connectivity.
– Documentation of requirements
– Responsive web replacement for their Java applications
– iPhone, Android, and Windows apps with offline support
How Optimus Helped
1. Our team engaged in this project mid-stream after another vendor had to withdraw. We started by overlapping with the existing vendor to see how far along they had gone and how much work was remaining.
2. We worked with the client to clarify the requirements (both functional and non-functional).
3. After a baseline was established, we finalized the first version of the solution and conducted UAT.
4. The client then provided feedback and some technical limitations were addressed.
5. We deployed the application to a production environment where the end users began using the system.