Mobify Partners with Optimus for Mobile Web Development Services
Mobify is a mobile shopping platform used by leading companies to drive hundreds of millions of dollars in mobile revenue every year. Mobify helps global companies create exceptional shopping experiences across every mobile touchpoint.
Established in 2007, Mobify is a global technology company, with headquarters in Vancouver, Canada, offices in the US and UK, and a network of partners in North and South Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Mobify believes that great shopping experiences are the result of a customer-centric approach paired with rigorous quality standards – and the best possible technology to power and amplify the two.
Mobify’s Web Experience Framework allows its customers to deliver full-featured responsive shopping experiences without rebuilding their website. Their framework was quickly gaining popularity and Mobify was looking for a partner who could work with their internal team to develop mobile websites for their clients using the Mobify platform.
How Optimus Helped
Optimus has become a trusted partner of Mobify’s and an extension of their development team. When Mobify does not have the internal capacity to complete a project they can trust Optimus to complete the project to the same high standard that Mobify expects of their internal team.
Initially, Optimus worked closely with the Mobify team to learn their mobile framework and technology best practices. Optimus completed the first project with the support of Mobify’s development team. At the completion of the project Optimus’ engineering team had the skills required to develop a mobile website using Mobify’s framework that adhered to their strict quality guidelines.
When Mobify and Optimus partner, the following process is followed:
- Presales Phase
- Before the start of the project, Mobify and Optimus work together to define the project scope, budget, timeline and milestones. The result is a finalized list of requirements, estimate and project plan in a Gantt chart.
- Implementation Phase
- At the beginning of the project, PSD UI designs are shared by Mobify, and Optimus analyzes the designs to identify any risks. Optimus then meets with Mobify to discuss any questions.
- Briefing sessions are conducted by Mobify to discuss code style, examine the framework and conduct code reviews.
- Optimus then develops the functionality as per the UI designs, performs QA and shares the release candidates with Mobify as per the agreed milestone dates.
- Mobify UAT is performed and support is provided by Optimus for any defects identified and client change requests.
- Throughout the implementation phase, end of day summaries are shared by Optimus to update Mobify on the progress. Weekly review calls are conducted between Optimus team leads and Mobify project managers to discuss the project status, deliverables and milestones. Throughout the project, defects are posted in JIRA, discussions are conducted in Basecamp and builds are shared through Github.
- Review and Learning Phase
- At the end of each sprint a learning session is conducted by Mobify to identify improvement actions and implement changes for the next sprint.
- Optimus maintains a “Code Review Checklist” that is updated based on feedback provided in each learning session.
- Optimus analyzes the defects in the release at the end of each sprint to identify issues and implement preventive measures for future releases.
- Mobify shares details of ongoing plugin updates with the development team. The Optimus QA team reviews Mobify plugin updates to identify issues and shares defects with Mobify.
Pixel Perfect UI – The client required the utmost UI quality. Pixel perfect matching to the original PSD designs and comparison to the UI/UX on the client’s desktop website was required.
Code Quality – Complete understanding and analyzing of the code was needed to identify functional and non-functional parameters (e.g. performance impact of coded changes, etc.).
Standardized Tools and Practices – Learn and use the tools and engineering practices used by Mobify to write manageable code (e.g. linter, code style, etc.).
Desktop Code Dependency – Understand the workflow, implementation logic and coding standards used by the client’s desktop website that is to be “Mobified”.
Device Support – Support a wide range of devices (iOS and Android) and implement custom CSS for responsive designs to accommodate multiple screen sizes.
Best Practices – Understand and adhere to Mobify’s framework, development and QA practices, as well as their project management processes.
Optimus has become a trusted partner of Mobify’s and an extension of their development team. Mobify can count on Optimus to complete projects on time and to the same high standard that Mobify expects of their internal team.
In addition to development Optimus provides QA services to Mobify. Optimus tests Mobify’s mobile framework as well as applications that they have developed for their clients.