SaaS Application Regression Test Suite Case Study
The client supplies software designed for managing public consultation and stakeholder engagement projects, online community engagement initiatives and public policy discussions.
Our client needed a regression suite for their software-as-a-service platform that helps organizations stay on top of their projects by centrally managing all communications regarding the impact their initiatives have on the communities in which they operate.
They were looking for a partner that could quickly ramp up on their product and domain. There was no formal documentation available from the engineering team, so the Optimus team needed to understand application behaviour through exploration and by asking questions.
- Explore application, learn domain and clarify any questions.
- Create test plan covering testing, milestones and estimates.
- Create test cases in TestLink for each module.
- Execute test cases, report defects and share test results.
- Incorporate feedback from customer.
How Optimus Helped
In order to help our client meet their testing needs, OptimusQA’s team followed these steps:
- We quickly acquired the necessary domain knowledge and learned how the application worked through exploration and by asking questions.
- Optimus shared a test plan clearly indicating the scope of the work and different milestones, schedules and estimates.
- We setup TestLink as the test management tool and categorized the test suites based on different modules associated with different functionalities.
- The Optimus team divided the whole application in different modules by functionality and consulted with the customer to assign priorities to each module.
- Our team frequently interacted with the development partner to coordinate testing activities and clarify queries.
- Our team created a complete regression test suite consisting of around 2500 test cases in the first phase.
- We executed the test cases as we created the modules and shared the test results and reported defects.
In the end, the client was happy to see the test coverage and analysis done by the Optimus team to structure and organize the testing activities in more efficient way.