Have you ever struggled with controlling and governing complex systems, with ever-changing management tools? Some parts of running an organization that relies on cloud environments can be really difficult. It’s becoming increasingly hard to manage new, complex environments with all their moving pieces. Azure Arc is a game changer for hybrid cloud. It delivers a multi-cloud and on-premises management platform. In this article, we’ll be going over the details of Azure Arc, how it works, and how it can help you. Keep reading to learn what Azure Arc is, the benefits of using it, and more resources to get you started.
What is Azure Arc
As previously mentioned, Azure Arc is a multi-cloud and on-premises management platform that consistently delivers high performance. It helps to consolidate all your data and systems into Azure Manager. Some key features that Azure Arc includes are implementing inventory, management, governance, and security across all servers as well as managing Kubernetes structures at a scale. It can also manage virtual machines and more as if they were running in Azure. As well as this, it supports servers running anywhere, on-premises and in any cloud. This can include Windows, Linux, and more. To learn more about the benefits of these key features and more, keep reading.
There are many benefits that demonstrate how Azure Arc is a game changer for hybrid cloud; however, in this article we’ll only cover a few of them.
- One of the biggest upsides to using Azure Arc is that all resources associated/registered with Azure Arc send data to the main, cloud-based Azure Manager. This consolidates the information in a succinct and useful manner. Enterprises can guarantee compliance of resources registered with Azure Arc no matter where they are deployed. This leads to quick problem solving, and less time lost.
- Azure Arc can also be used to take care of the smallest to most complex maintenance operations across all forms of the cloud. For example, it can help to manage security and governance and on the other hand, it can also manage updating the operating systems for your servers, a tedious task.
- Customers also benefit from all the aforementioned key features of Azure. They can manage resources within or outside of Azure through one consolidated control plane.
To grasp the full extent of the power that Azure Arc provides, take a look at the resources in the next section. Learn the full list of benefits, how to take the next steps with Azure Arc, and some background information on Azure in general.
- If you or your organization want to learn more about Azure Arc, check out the Azure Arc blog for recent updates and what they entail.
- For more details about Azure Arc and how it might look as a part of your enterprise, this page from Microsoft Azure outlines the key features of Azure Arc and their uses in real world scenarios.
- Interested in getting started on your Azure Arc journey and want to see how Azure Arc is a game changer for hybrid cloud? Look at this page that helps identify which Azure Arc plan works best for you.
Finally, for more background on Azure as a whole, check out some other articles from the Optimus Information blog such as the 5 benefits of cloud migration using Azure SQL or our common cloud adoption missteps series, the first of which is linked here.
Need help creating a cloud adoption roadmap? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complimentary assessment.