Kiosk POS Performance Testing Case Study
Our client hosts live interactive game and entertainment experiences. Included in their games are prizes, cash winnings, and grand-prize draws.
This was a complex project which involved application testing, validating and configuring different POS systems by integration kiosk IDs with each test case. This ensured that a request could be virtually fired from different POS Kiosks at the same time.
Our client needed a testing partner that could handle a complex set of application testing and validating requirements.
– Load testing of applications to analyze the behaviour under different loads.
– Simulation of scenarios where AMF services of application were accessed at the same time by different users and captured failed responses.
– Creation of test scripts in Soap UI tool for request and response scenarios from flowchart diagrams.
– Identification of the methods which were called when requests were fired.
– Capturing responses of AMF Requests and applying checkpoints to validate the response.
– Parallel execution of test scripts created in Soap UI tool.
- Reviewed application requirements.
- Identified test scenarios and methods.
- Shared business requirements with client.
- Created test scripts for different test scenarios in SOAP UI tool.
- Executed of test scenarios.
- Captured response time for AMF services.
- Shared consolidated test scripts and response time metrics.
- Daily and weekly status update to Client.
How Optimus Helped
- Our team quickly understood the requirements and created a plan consisting of various server side operations to be performed.
- We created test scenarios using flowcharts and simulated for one, five and ten users in parallel.
- Our team captured responses of AMF services and validated them
- We shared failed responses, response time metrics and test scripts with our clients daily.
SOAP UI, Jira, Confluence