Mr Mikes Steakhouse Increases Customer Engagement with Mobile App
A popular restaurant chain with more than 20 locations across Western Canada.
The client wanted a mobile solution to increase engagement, foot traffic and loyalty with their patrons. The application had to reach the maximum audience; therefore, it must be available for download on phones and tablets using iOS or Android operating systems.
– Support multiple platforms (iOS and Android) and devices (smartphones and tablets).
– Ability to pull content from the client’s website and social media.
– Display special offers to the user based on the day of the week.
– Send push notifications to notify users of limited time offers and other news.
– Google Analytics integration to view reports on application installs and user sessions.
How Optimus Helped
- Optimus met with the client to discuss their needs. We identified early on that the Optimus Social App would be a good fit for this project and presented the application and feature list to the client.
- After gathering a list of requirements from the client we compared it against the features available in the Social App. This information was presented to the client and we discussed how the features not currently available in the app could be added. Working together decisions were made on which features would be included or excluded.
- Design requirements were provided to the client and their graphic designer created the application icons and splash screen for iOS and Android.
- Optimus worked closely with client throughout the development process. The client requested a few changes during the project and we were able to quickly identify the impact on the project and recommend the appropriate course of action.
- The clients application was successfully uploaded and available in the AppStore and Google Play in time for a significant corporate event.
- Optimus maintains the application on an ongoing basis to ensure that all operating system and 3rd-party API updates are integrated quickly so that their users are not impacted.
At the end of the project the client had a branded application that they could advertise to customers at their restaurants, online and in promotional material. The client has been able to use the application to keep customers up-to-date on what’s new, share special offers and increase their overall engagement with the restaurant.